Managed services - worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed services - worth it?

I'm curious about managed web hosting services. I've heard they're very useful for people that aren't very IT savvy (that's me!) and I think that potentially having a managed web hosting service might be better and easier for me in the long run.

Anyone have any advice on whether or not managed services are worth it, and what situations you'd see yourself turning to a managed web hosting service in?

I also don't know how to manage web hosting, maybe poster can teach a lot about this. I wish anyone here teach me here how to use this web hosting.

Comment

I studied web hosting 5 years ago and totally forgot everything about it. haha planning on studying again. 6 months i all it took me to study. But then i got engaged to other jobs and totally forgot about hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by Trish23 View Post
        I studied web hosting 5 years ago and totally forgot everything about it. haha planning on studying again. 6 months i all it took me to study. But then i got engaged to other jobs and totally forgot about hosting.
        What would you say is the average cost for web hosting services if it's being outsourced and managed by someone else? I'm just curious to know about the way the industry organizes their price structure and a bit about what to expect from a monetary perspective. If you've got any details about that side of things, I'd love to know a bit more about it.

Comment

Well mate sysadmin is bit complex job for a non-techie person to handle. Honestly there are numerous area which new to be manually setup while setting up non-managed server which are eventually less secure and are exploited by hackers easily. Instead of that I would recommend you to play extra amount and go with managed hosting to ensure that your website in safe hands. I have been using shared hosting for a quite long time but the most annoying thing I ever face was all my 3 website were hacked in a single day due to some server side vulnerability. Luckily I have create the backup and restore all my website within 1 days. Later on I have migrated all my Ecommerce website on managed woocommerce hosting fortunately which was right a decision. All the best

Comment

Originally posted by CynthiaBetty View Post
            Well mate sysadmin is bit complex job for a non-techie person to handle. Honestly there are numerous area which new to be manually setup while setting up non-managed server which are eventually less secure and are exploited by hackers easily. Instead of that I would recommend you to play extra amount and go with managed hosting to ensure that your website in safe hands. I have been using shared hosting for a quite long time but the most annoying thing I ever face was all my 3 website were hacked in a single day due to some server side vulnerability. Luckily I have create the backup and restore all my website within 1 days. Later on I have migrated all my Ecommerce website on managed woocommerce hosting fortunately which was right a decision. All the best
            Thanks for the detailed response! Having three sites hacked in a single day sounds like a nightmare - I can't imagine how much stress that would have caused. Managed hosting definitely is sounding more and more like the way I need to go with it, I think it will just take a lot of the stress out of it for me - and sometimes it's well worth the money for that to be the case!

Comment

Working...
            X
            DMCA.com Protection Status