Getting a domain name.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a domain name.

There are so many website hosting services to choose from when trying to get a domain name. I personally use GoDaddy or, host gator they work perfectly. The next most important thing again is the name you are choosing for your website it may be available or not available. So you should be able to keep at list two or three names available. Another logic is to change the dot-com to dot org etc.

May I know the reason why the need to change the dot org to dot org? For what I know, the dot com is more for the commercial use while dot org is supposed to be for sites that are in the style of organization or groups. But I understand that the protocols are not implemented strictly such that the dot com and dot org or dot net or any other dot provider for domain names. Now back to my question of changing dot com to dot org - does it have any advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriellove View Post
      There are so many website hosting services to choose from when trying to get a domain name. I personally use GoDaddy or, host gator they work perfectly. The next most important thing again is the name you are choosing for your website it may be available or not available. So you should be able to keep at list two or three names available. Another logic is to change the dot-com to dot org etc.
      What is the difference with a dit com, dot org etc? Is there any difference in the two or what is the fuss about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriellove View Post
        You should check for availability of the domain. If not available you can select other domain, but no need to change domain address.

Comment

Working...
        X
        DMCA.com Protection Status