Is Debian better than Ubuntu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Debian better than Ubuntu?

I wanted to compare Debian and Ubuntu when it comes to server and as a desktop OS. Which is more recommendable to use when you are a beginner? Does this two offers free software but gives a stable performance even if it is free? What can you say about this two? I know there are a lot of differences about this two and I want to outburst the capacity of this two.

Well, Debian has more personalization, it also brings GNOMe by default, is safer, more safe and better performance, even if its free Debian fights for free softwares, fixing bus is less hard. I never like Ubunto, but its easier to install, is more flexible, better hardware support, more stable in the long run. I think it comes down to personal preferenre really, both have pros and cons and everyone should choose what they like better.

Comment

Originally posted by Isozceles View Post
      Well, Debian has more personalization, it also brings GNOMe by default, is safer, more safe and better performance, even if its free Debian fights for free softwares, fixing bus is less hard. I never like Ubunto, but its easier to install, is more flexible, better hardware support, more stable in the long run. I think it comes down to personal preferenre really, both have pros and cons and everyone should choose what they like better.
      Thanks for it pal, I see. Some of my friends also recommended me to use Debian than Ubuntu for such reason. I guess Debian is good to use overall. But do you think it is advisable for a newbie like me? Will I handle it normally and with ease? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by superman2727 View Post

Thanks for it pal, I see. Some of my friends also recommended me to use Debian than Ubuntu for such reason. I guess Debian is good to use overall. But do you think it is advisable for a newbie like me? Will I handle it normally and with ease? thanks!
        Well, Ubuntu has been around longer and people have more experience with it, so you maybe you could fine more information on how to work things and the more on to more advanced things.

Comment

Originally posted by Isozceles View Post

Well, Ubuntu has been around longer and people have more experience with it, so you maybe you could fine more information on how to work things and the more on to more advanced things.
          So Ubuntu also gives the performance you are reaching but in some manner, Debian have more advantages than Ubuntu and that makes some of the users recommended to use Debian than Ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
          X
          DMCA.com Protection Status