What do you want to see on a website?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want to see on a website?

What do you usually look for when opening a website regarding the cause of the site. I usually check first on the appearance of the site and by judging it i can proceed or move to other sites. Next is the reliability of the sources on the site. I wouldn't want to read a content that is plagiarized. I want to read unique contents and articles.

Definitely a clean but modern layout - if a site looks outdated then I worry about the products and services they provide! I also want things to be easily accessible - clear headings, easy to access contact information if I need that, and so forth.

Comment

Well, it depends on what the purpose of the site is really. For example, if it is a blog then I don't care for the appearance as much as I would for other sites. The things that I would look at for a blog would be the actual content of the site and the author. It doesn't matter how good the site looks if the actual content of the blog is awful and useless to read. In terms of websites, I will look at the appearance. I do think that appearance is very important for a website because it is the first thing that you see and your first impression is very important. If you don't like the look of the site or if it doesn't have a modern layout then I will most likely just leave, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcool52 View Post
        Well, it depends on what the purpose of the site is really. For example, if it is a blog then I don't care for the appearance as much as I would for other sites. The things that I would look at for a blog would be the actual content of the site and the author. It doesn't matter how good the site looks if the actual content of the blog is awful and useless to read. In terms of websites, I will look at the appearance. I do think that appearance is very important for a website because it is the first thing that you see and your first impression is very important. If you don't like the look of the site or if it doesn't have a modern layout then I will most likely just leave, to be honest.
        That's a good point that no matter if the site is flashy and well designed, if the content is poor then it's not like you're going to stick around for long.

I do think there needs to be a balance though, even if the content is good, if the site is really outdated, hard to navigate and looks bad then I'm probably not going to be all that interested in the first place.

Comment

I like simple websites better, too flashy and overloaded annoy me. The content should be good and stright to the point, too much rambling is not good. also it should be easy to navigate and mover around sothe person can fidn what they are looking for fast. While I like them simple, doesn't mean they can't look good, just don't overdo it.

Comment

I want to see a nice clean layout. Forget about distracting graphics. They make my eyes dizzy. All those flashy animations only serve to detract from the user's overall experience. Sometimes a simple design will do. It's all about the content and not how many gimmicks you can add.

Comment

The information that I'm looking for. Also I like a website with a good graphic and full of information. Just not the full exaggerated add that will pop up its kinda annoying sometimes that it will show in the middle of you reading that force me to close the tab not finishing what I read. It will be better if theyll just not put pop up.

Comment

What I always check on sites when I open some sites is the number of members on such sites. I always want to be on a site where the members are active and it is really good to make friends on such sites. Also, I always ensure that I understand better the purpose of such site in order to decide if it goes in concordance with my aim of visiting the site.

Comment

Well for me the search engines. I used to find this features to easily can find what i'm looking for about the websites. Sometimes I don't want to stay on the website and needs to find the things that I'm looking for. Every websites should have that to help the visitors.

Comment

I look first at the website is its theme and graphical design for me this is one thing that web developer must have on his website for every visitors on his website will attrack once they opened it.

Comment

I think website should be easy to use and navigate and contains content that is relevant to the users.
                      It should use current trends and technologies.
                      Your website can’t be slow when presenting content to its visitors. If your website takes more than two seconds to load, it is probably too slow.

Comment

I first check out the ads on the sites I hate fraudulent ads and I rate most sites by it's ads,I know most legit sites would never allow scamming ads and then the content if it' isn't valuable and worthwhile I wouldn't waste my time on it.

Comment

The overall color of the site will give me the signal on whether I will proceed or not. If the site is colored bright white, with not much tab distractions, then I can proceed. I am really turned off by dark sites that I feel claustrophobic about that I want to immediately get out. If the site is themed just right, then I proceed with the types of articles that are posted. Quality articles are really easy to spot because they deal with substantial topics. The first few lines of an article will already tell you the quality of the whole thing. Grammar and style also plays a great deal.

Comment

First is the text size, it is too small I may leave. Second, is the content, is it worth my time to even read it? and do I really need it. Third, the art, of course I want to see a minimalist website, a modern type. Because some websites are too complex, I even got a hard time navigating through my profile and such. Aside from the things I mentioned above, I also want the staff or the site owners/ administrators to be friendly and will assist me if I am in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            DMCA.com Protection Status