How important is making a website mobile friendly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is making a website mobile friendly

Some years back, it's mainly desktop computers that are used for all kinds of online activities but with the advancement in technology brought about laptops, tablets, iPhone and other Android devices. From analyses recently, it's quite obvious that most people now find it easier and convenient to make use of mobile devices to carry out all their online works.

This makes it very important for all webmasters to design or set up their site - blog or forum to be mobile friendly because it's going ensure that the site gets lots of members who can actively participate in posting on such sites. But take away the mobile friendly set up of the site, automatically limits the number of people who would work on the site.

It is important now more than ever. It is because Google and other search engines prioritize listing websites that are mobile friendly. Since a great amount of traffic will come from mobile phones and tablets, webmasters should be able to give them a nice experience while browsing their site.

Who would want to browse a website that is meant to be used by desktop users, right? Websites that aren't optimized for mobile are harder to navigate.

Comment

I think about my use of my mobile compared to my desktop, and I'd say it's close to 50% desktop and 50% mobile phone when it comes to accessing websites, looking up information and so forth. Cell phones are such a big part of how people access websites these days, that not having a mobile friendly site is potentially turning away a large portion of your potential clients/readers or customer base.

Comment

It's important to make your website be friendly to user because if you're website is friendly user lot of visitors will visits to your sites especially if you're marketing or selling online. So I suggest to every to make it graphics and easy to use.

Comment

Making your website mobile friendly is one of the most important factors that you need to consider. Not having a website that is mobile friendly will only result in your site doing badly in terms of retaining your visitors and it will most likely end up with you closing your site down to lack of traffic. It's all good having a beautiful site for your users that are visiting on a laptop or desktop to see but if your mobile visitors cannot use your site easily then you will most likely end up losing them. And if you are in e-commerce, that's potentially lost sales, revenue and profit that could make a huge difference to your business.

Comment

Well I think mobile website friendly will give you a lot of participants to your site because it's very accessible. Members are able to answer and inquire to the forums or what ever services you offer. People nowadays preferred to use the gadgets instead of the personal computer, and if they doing nothing like example in the public places, inside the public utility vehicles, they can easily access the website even just for pastime.

Comment

Originally posted by EfficientNinja View Post
              It is important now more than ever. It is because Google and other search engines prioritize listing websites that are mobile friendly. Since a great amount of traffic will come from mobile phones and tablets, webmasters should be able to give them a nice experience while browsing their site.

Who would want to browse a website that is meant to be used by desktop users, right? Websites that aren't optimized for mobile are harder to navigate.
              You made a very good point about the navigation structure of websites that aren't designed to be mobile friendly. It's practically hard to find one's way through such sites. I have had experience with such sites and never find it interesting or appealing to regularly visit such site.

From my experience and observations, it's pretty clear that people are more into what offers them convenience, and it's what android, tablets and iOS offers them. So therefore, a good number of traffic certainly comes from these user.

Comment

Originally posted by amelia88 View Post
                I think about my use of my mobile compared to my desktop, and I'd say it's close to 50% desktop and 50% mobile phone when it comes to accessing websites, looking up information and so forth. Cell phones are such a big part of how people access websites these days, that not having a mobile friendly site is potentially turning away a large portion of your potential clients/readers or customer base.
                This is absolutely true, looking at the market today with respect to the demand of mobile devices and desktop or Laptop computers, it shows that more people are moving towards mobile devices than they are to desktop or laptop computers.

So, a webmaster on his own part taking off his site from being mobile friendly, has practically cut off a huge number of potential visitors to his or her site.

It's good if one finds a way to to balance one's usage of desktop computers and mobile devices to be 50-50. This way one can be assured of not missing out working on sites that aren't mobile friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by myblogger View Post
                  It's important to make your website be friendly to user because if you're website is friendly user lot of visitors will visits to your sites especially if you're marketing or selling online. So I suggest to every to make it graphics and easy to use.
                  Now that you have mentioned about the graphics of a site, it's very important to make everything simple because it would facilitate how fast the site connects. Personally, I hate it when a site takes too long to connect especially when I have strong and stable internet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcool52 View Post
                    Making your website mobile friendly is one of the most important factors that you need to consider. Not having a website that is mobile friendly will only result in your site doing badly in terms of retaining your visitors and it will most likely end up with you closing your site down to lack of traffic. It's all good having a beautiful site for your users that are visiting on a laptop or desktop to see but if your mobile visitors cannot use your site easily then you will most likely end up losing them. And if you are in e-commerce, that's potentially lost sales, revenue and profit that could make a huge difference to your business.
                    Being a webmaster requires first two jobs. First, the easy part of getting visitors to the site and secondly the hard job of keeping those visitors.

Why I said that keeping the site visitors is a hard job is because it requires a lot of work to have a visitor stay loyal to a site for longer period of time. It first starts from with making the site to be mobile friendly which would encourage the visitors to be able to use any device to post on the site, then followed by the content availability and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by ion View Post
                      Well I think mobile website friendly will give you a lot of participants to your site because it's very accessible. Members are able to answer and inquire to the forums or what ever services you offer. People nowadays preferred to use the gadgets instead of the personal computer, and if they doing nothing like example in the public places, inside the public utility vehicles, they can easily access the website even just for pastime.
                      What you just mentioned here is exactly why I prefer having a site that is mobile friendly to work on. This is because I love enjoying freedom of movement when I'm working. Being confined at a workstation with a desktop computer is very irritating for me. I love it when I move about and work from anywhere I found myself, be it in the library, train, bus, etc.

Comment

As mostrly a user, I find this vital since sometimes, my phone is faster that mi computer to access a website and I have encoutered some websites that barely work on my phone, which is very annoying, specially If I'm in a hurry, it really just slows everything I'm doing at the moment, since I have to go and find a computer that also has access to the internet and that is hard where I live. So yes, in this moment in time, is vital that websites work well in phones, and it will probably become more relevant as time passes and tecnology advances.

Comment

As someone who regularly surf and use websites, I made lists of the things i find helpful inside a web page.
                          First and the most important is the content. A website is not significant if the content is not good. Users look for websites that provide useful information and sources that are reliable. Some websites now are not that reliable anymore for anyone can edit the information given. Information is important for students searching for specific topics for their works.
                          Second is the Layout. The over all appearance of the web page affects the perspective of the users. Beautiful layouts results in developing interests of the viewers to stay on that particular page.
                          Lastly is the tabs. The search engines and the clickable links are what makes up the website. Links redirecting to the exact content is a plus points for the web manager. Some websites have links that redirect to ads and other unuseful things thus reducing the interest of the users.

Comment

Originally posted by Isozceles View Post
                            As mostrly a user, I find this vital since sometimes, my phone is faster that mi computer to access a website and I have encoutered some websites that barely work on my phone, which is very annoying, specially If I'm in a hurry, it really just slows everything I'm doing at the moment, since I have to go and find a computer that also has access to the internet and that is hard where I live. So yes, in this moment in time, is vital that websites work well in phones, and it will probably become more relevant as time passes and tecnology advances.
                            If a site is designed to be mobile friendly, it's definitely going to connect and load fast because it's built to load fast. The graphics are made simple to enhance the speed of its connection or loading. The one thing I have come to know about sites that are built in desktop version means it have more sophisticated design which would likely make it hard to it load faster on mobile devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Trish23 View Post
                              As someone who regularly surf and use websites, I made lists of the things i find helpful inside a web page.
                              First and the most important is the content. A website is not significant if the content is not good. Users look for websites that provide useful information and sources that are reliable. Some websites now are not that reliable anymore for anyone can edit the information given. Information is important for students searching for specific topics for their works.
                              Second is the Layout. The over all appearance of the web page affects the perspective of the users. Beautiful layouts results in developing interests of the viewers to stay on that particular page.
                              Lastly is the tabs. The search engines and the clickable links are what makes up the website. Links redirecting to the exact content is a plus points for the web manager. Some websites have links that redirect to ads and other unuseful things thus reducing the interest of the users.

Content, layout and tabs gives quite a good overview of what a website must have in order to maintain the possibility of fetching and keeping its visitors. Nobody enjoys wasting his or her being on a site that offers just about nothing when it comes to content.

These contents offers some kind of service to its readers and once they always find something useful in the site contents, they will most likely to be coming back for more and this generates traffic for the site. Remember, traffic is like diamond to any site, it wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              DMCA.com Protection Status