Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you speed up the loading of your website?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you speed up the loading of your website?

Hello webmasters!

We all know that the speed of our websites will be a deciding factor on where Google or other search engines will place it in their search results. It could also be a reason for the site visitor to stay or leave your website. If a user or visitor finds that the website is too sluggish, he/she might leave the website immediately.

So I would like to ask you for some tips on how to speed up your websites' loading times?

Thanks!

Speed is an extremely important factor that webmasters need to consider because it can make a huge difference. No user likes to browse through a site that has a very slow loading time because it's frustrating and wastes their time as well. So if you have a slow website, chances are that your users will be leaving your site the moment they realise how long it takes to just load a page and the content on that page.

In terms of speeding up your website, what I like to do is to make sure that my images have been optimised. This is where you make sure that the images on your website have as small a file size as possible. Of course, it's not always possible to go to the lowest possible file size since it could impact your image quality but it can help improve your website speed a lot.

Comment

Personally, I don't find it interesting to post on a site that takes ages to load, it bores me seriously because it takes awfully more time to complete post on such site unlike the shorter time it would take to make several posts on a speedy site.

Now, I believe that minding the size of images used in the site plays a huge role in determining how fast a website would be in connecting/loading. Keeping the graphics simple works as well.

But it's important to point out that as much as the site owner works in keeping the site in good shape to be fast in connection, users should work on their internet connection because it also plays a vital role in how fast such website would be.

Comment

Well in my experienced on some websites I visited, the bigger images they have the more slow their sites to respond. I think they should consider how big the images or file in their website, as long as they can, I think, smallest images but helpful is enough and no need to upload that almost half of my monitor sizes of images.

Comment

Living in a country where internet connection is hard to find. Its really a struggle for me speeding up my internet connection. We have fibre here but still doesn't speed up good enough. What i am stuck to do is to just restart the modem and hope for a better connection. Restart my pc and remove the connection to the other gadgets connected to my modem.

Comment

One of the biggest for me has always been the size of my images and those taking a long time to load. Since I work predominantly doing travel writing, I want to highlight in pictures what's great about the destinations I'm writing about, and without pictures it can be hard to really illustrate the best parts of different locations around the world. I try and implement ways of making the image files reduced in size but not compromising on the quality - that helps a lot.

Comment

I find that using images with high pixels can cause this. Lots of sites tend to add too many pictures. These unnecessary files only make the website slower based on experience.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcool52 View Post
                Speed is an extremely important factor that webmasters need to consider because it can make a huge difference. No user likes to browse through a site that has a very slow loading time because it's frustrating and wastes their time as well. So if you have a slow website, chances are that your users will be leaving your site the moment they realise how long it takes to just load a page and the content on that page.

In terms of speeding up your website, what I like to do is to make sure that my images have been optimised. This is where you make sure that the images on your website have as small a file size as possible. Of course, it's not always possible to go to the lowest possible file size since it could impact your image quality but it can help improve your website speed a lot.
                I agree. A lot of the sites I've visited did that. It didn't load properly because of the images they used. Better limit the number of files you use.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinsx View Post
                  Personally, I don't find it interesting to post on a site that takes ages to load, it bores me seriously because it takes awfully more time to complete post on such site unlike the shorter time it would take to make several posts on a speedy site.

Now, I believe that minding the size of images used in the site plays a huge role in determining how fast a website would be in connecting/loading. Keeping the graphics simple works as well.

But it's important to point out that as much as the site owner works in keeping the site in good shape to be fast in connection, users should work on their internet connection because it also plays a vital role in how fast such website would be.
                  Yes, it's really both sides. Sometimes the user's internet connection can also cause websites to load slowly. That's why improving your internet connection should be a priority. That way you can view sites easier.

Comment

Originally posted by ion View Post
                    Well in my experienced on some websites I visited, the bigger images they have the more slow their sites to respond. I think they should consider how big the images or file in their website, as long as they can, I think, smallest images but helpful is enough and no need to upload that almost half of my monitor sizes of images.
                    I know, right? It's funny when you find a website crammed with big pictures. The images look clunky and just distort the overall view of the site. This is one of those things we should all avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Trish23 View Post
                      Living in a country where internet connection is hard to find. Its really a struggle for me speeding up my internet connection. We have fibre here but still doesn't speed up good enough. What i am stuck to do is to just restart the modem and hope for a better connection. Restart my pc and remove the connection to the other gadgets connected to my modem.
                      I can relate. A lot of internet users there seem to experience unstable and unreliable connections. This also makes it that much harder to use websites with lots of graphics. Sometimes they just don't work altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve5 View Post

Yes, it's really both sides. Sometimes the user's internet connection can also cause websites to load slowly. That's why improving your internet connection should be a priority. That way you can view sites easier.
                        You are absolutely correct with that assertion Steve5, one's internet connection status plays a huge role in how fast any website they user tries to make use of connects. If such individual is using a network that has a poor network connection, it's likely obvious to affect the speed of the site loading or connecting.

Comment

You are absolutely correct with that assertion Steve5, one's internet connection status plays a huge role in how fast any website they user tries to make use of connects. If such individual is using a network that has a poor network connection, it's likely obvious to affect the speed of the site loading or connecting.
                          It's funny when you realize that both have problems. I've sometimes assumed that the website I'm visiting was perfectly fine. That there may be a network issue. But it's actually the site's programming and a common connection issue happening at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve5 View Post

It's funny when you realize that both have problems. I've sometimes assumed that the website I'm visiting was perfectly fine. That there may be a network issue. But it's actually the site's programming and a common connection issue happening at the same time.
                            There are some situations where a site might still have some bug issues and it tend to affect how the site connection works. So therefore, in this case I wouldn't blame the site's visitors internet connection because the problem comes from the end of the site owner.

Comment

There are some situations where a site might still have some bug issues and it tend to affect how the site connection works. So therefore, in this case I wouldn't blame the site's visitors internet connection because the problem comes from the end of the site owner.
                              It's silly when both sides are problematic. But you're right. Most of the time, the issues come from the websites. There are also times where the site is experiencing too much traffic and can no longer handle it. I once visited a site that didn't work properly due to having too many visitors all at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              DMCA.com Protection Status