Can black hat SEO hurt a blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can black hat SEO hurt a blog

I have seen a lot of people talking about the use of disapproved means and tactics to gain very high page rank,which I believe might go against Search engines guidelines if discovered but will this bring about a ban of a blog or any harm to a blog,since it just a means of getting one's site or blog out there?

It's not worth it in my opinion. Mainly because I think the chances of getting caught are high - so in that case, all your work might have been done for nothing. I mean, at the most, you'd be hoping the traffic would have remembered your site. Well, I suppose that could be possible if the site was good enough!

Comment

I agree that it's one of those where the risk isn't worth it. I'm always going to be of the mindset that I still want to be ethical when it comes to the success of my website, and getting involved with anything shady or underhanded just isn't the way I want to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by amelia88 View Post
        I agree that it's one of those where the risk isn't worth it. I'm always going to be of the mindset that I still want to be ethical when it comes to the success of my website, and getting involved with anything shady or underhanded just isn't the way I want to operate.
        I will want to agree with you,anything shady isn't worth the efforts and time put into building our site,if we can inculcate mostly legal activities into our site we should be able to make it more professional and a very unique site.

Comment

berry that's exactly what I think. I want the success of my website to come from organic means - I don't want to have to do things dishonestly. I try and apply that approach to all aspects of my life, I'd never want to try and mislead someone or do anything unethical or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night!

I'm hoping that I'll still have a successful site that has SEO without needing to do anything dodgy.

Comment

Working...
          X
          DMCA.com Protection Status