Can black hat SEO hurt a blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can black hat SEO hurt a blog

I have seen a lot of people talking about the use of disapproved means and tactics to gain very high page rank,which I believe might go against Search engines guidelines if discovered but will this bring about a ban of a blog or any harm to a blog,since it just a means of getting one's site or blog out there?

It's not worth it in my opinion. Mainly because I think the chances of getting caught are high - so in that case, all your work might have been done for nothing. I mean, at the most, you'd be hoping the traffic would have remembered your site. Well, I suppose that could be possible if the site was good enough!

Comment

I agree that it's one of those where the risk isn't worth it. I'm always going to be of the mindset that I still want to be ethical when it comes to the success of my website, and getting involved with anything shady or underhanded just isn't the way I want to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by amelia88 View Post
        I agree that it's one of those where the risk isn't worth it. I'm always going to be of the mindset that I still want to be ethical when it comes to the success of my website, and getting involved with anything shady or underhanded just isn't the way I want to operate.
        I will want to agree with you,anything shady isn't worth the efforts and time put into building our site,if we can inculcate mostly legal activities into our site we should be able to make it more professional and a very unique site.

Comment

berry that's exactly what I think. I want the success of my website to come from organic means - I don't want to have to do things dishonestly. I try and apply that approach to all aspects of my life, I'd never want to try and mislead someone or do anything unethical or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night!

I'm hoping that I'll still have a successful site that has SEO without needing to do anything dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by amelia88 View Post
            berry that's exactly what I think. I want the success of my website to come from organic means - I don't want to have to do things dishonestly. I try and apply that approach to all aspects of my life, I'd never want to try and mislead someone or do anything unethical or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night!

I'm hoping that I'll still have a successful site that has SEO without needing to do anything dodgy.
            Sometimes it impatient that makes people do some dodgy things, people just have the quick fix it syndrome. Most people don't want to wait along for success,they believe they csn just push along and get there fast.Black hat SEO doesn't make sense to me I prefer to work it through the right way. It better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Inem View Post

Sometimes it impatient that makes people do some dodgy things, people just have the quick fix it syndrome. Most people don't want to wait along for success,they believe they csn just push along and get there fast.Black hat SEO doesn't make sense to me I prefer to work it through the right way. It better that way.
              I agree these days it is often a quick fix scenario - people think everything needs to be done instantaneously for success and they often forget that it really does require work (and time!!)

Comment

Black hat seo techniques help to rank your keywords faster in search engines and generates more traffic in shorter time. But the methods followed are not supported by Google and hence your website can get penalized for following such techniques.
                Cheap VPS
                Cheap Dedicated Servers

Comment

Originally posted by RH-Calvin View Post
                  Black hat seo techniques help to rank your keywords faster in search engines and generates more traffic in shorter time. But the methods followed are not supported by Google and hence your website can get penalized for following such techniques.
                  So really what was the whole essence of rushing when at the end of the day,a site is still pernalized or maybe deleted as the case maybe.Most times those sites don't even have contents.so doing it right is alot better.

Comment

I was confused when I first encountered the term black hat because I had seen white hat and also gray hat. But in essence, they are just terms to mean a category of SEO method. The black hat I know is stuffing your contents with too many keywords. For example your blog is about animals then your content which is 500 words will have a sprinkling of maybe 50 keywords that pertain to the niche of animals. That 50 keywords does not include the tags that you added when you uploaded the blog on your site. The search engine can penalize your site for the excessive amount of keywords.

Comment

There is no doubt about getting quick results using black hat tricks to attain higher ranking in Google search engine optimization. But you can also be rest assured that Google will definitely fish out your website and penalize it.

In my opinion, using black hat tricks isn't worth it when it comes getting higher Google ranking.
                      ​​​​​

Comment

I know that black that was very common just a few years back.Then it was the main method of carrying out SEO. Today I know that Google really frowns upon using black hat methods to get traffic and get ranked. I don't think that you will get banned by Google but I do think that your page will not get ranked highly. I think that google is very specific in terms of what they are looking for in terms of content. I know in terms of keywords they look for a certain percentage. If you have stuffed your article with keywords than google will rank you down for this. All the Seo experts I have spoken to don't recommend black hat methods at all. They say its a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        DMCA.com Protection Status