Paid or free traffic for SEO of a blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid or free traffic for SEO of a blog

Which traffic can have the most impact on a blog, a lot of people go the way of paid traffic,though I use mostly free traffic from mostly my social media accounts, will using paid traffic be more helpful for search engine optimization?

The question would be can you be able to keep paying for traffic for your blog? Is the profit being made from the blog big enough to handle the expenses of paying for traffic? Would people trust traffic that was derived from just paying for it instead of traffic that are generated because the blog works hard with content to get such traffic?

It's only when the answers to all these questions are answered, then a blog owner would determine whether or not to go with paid or free traffic for the blog.

Comment

Martinsx some site owners basically needs this traffic to be able to earn well from ad network, which a big one like Google AdSense frowns at,so they might not mind investing in some traffic exchanging sites provided the ad networks wouldn't penalised them.Hope you get it now.

Comment

I think getting traffic to your website helps it to rank slightly higher, but remember the google algorithm is really really clever . First and foremost it will look at how useful your content is especially to all the searches being performed only then will it rank your content. If your content is not useful or if it has been span or plagiarized it still wont rank your content well or highly. No matter how much traffic you get going to your blog you can't ignore all the factors required to ensure good SEO. One of the factors offcourse is the appropriate keywords on your blog.They can't be too forced because again uncle Google will be on to it. I just don't think paid traffic is that important especially if the other factors are not taken into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Inem View Post
          Martinsx some site owners basically needs this traffic to be able to earn well from ad network, which a big one like Google AdSense frowns at,so they might not mind investing in some traffic exchanging sites provided the ad networks wouldn't penalised them.Hope you get it now.
          Yeah Inem ,I do get it very well now and thanks very much for explanation. As long as the site owners works within the rules of Google in order not to fall into the trap of Google for being penalized, then everything is good. Thanks once more for your candid explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymish View Post
            I think getting traffic to your website helps it to rank slightly higher, but remember the google algorithm is really really clever . First and foremost it will look at how useful your content is especially to all the searches being performed only then will it rank your content. If your content is not useful or if it has been span or plagiarized it still wont rank your content well or highly. No matter how much traffic you get going to your blog you can't ignore all the factors required to ensure good SEO. One of the factors offcourse is the appropriate keywords on your blog.They can't be too forced because again uncle Google will be on to it. I just don't think paid traffic is that important especially if the other factors are not taken into consideration.
            You have made a very valid point because I was wondering if just getting tons of traffic can give a site the needed boost to get its site out there on first page because I also see sites with little or less traffic ranking higher on Google on search engine,then one has to make an all rounder decision when it comes to creating a site and having traffic is just one of them I guess.

Comment

I will prefer free traffic because google frown against paid traffic,google feeds on organic generated traffic for one to be highly rated by google,so instead of me buying any pack which some might be mere bots i will gladly get free traffic from social medial.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinsx View Post
                The question would be can you be able to keep paying for traffic for your blog? Is the profit being made from the blog big enough to handle the expenses of paying for traffic? Would people trust traffic that was derived from just paying for it instead of traffic that are generated because the blog works hard with content to get such traffic?

It's only when the answers to all these questions are answered, then a blog owner would determine whether or not to go with paid or free traffic for the blog.
                This is also my point of view. If I'm trying to use my blog as a source of revenue, but I'm paying for traffic, it seems like I'm working for nothing if that makes sense. I also prefer to grow my blog's traffic and reputation in an organic manner, rather than trying to artificially manipulate those statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by amelia88 View Post

This is also my point of view. If I'm trying to use my blog as a source of revenue, but I'm paying for traffic, it seems like I'm working for nothing if that makes sense. I also prefer to grow my blog's traffic and reputation in an organic manner, rather than trying to artificially manipulate those statistics.
                  I would say that paid traffic doesn't last longer like an organic generated traffic. There is no loyalty from traffic generated under paid services, time would come when such traffic fades away because they aren't really interested in what you are offering.

But when as a blog owner, you work hard and put in more active effort in building your blog traffic organically, it's definitely going to have more positive impact on your blog.

Comment

I would say that paid traffic doesn't last longer like an organic generated traffic. There is no loyalty from traffic generated under paid services, time would come when such traffic fades away because they aren't really interested in what you are offering.

But when as a blog owner, you work hard and put in more active effort in building your blog traffic organically, it's definitely going to have more positive impact on your blog.
                    That's my feelings as well. If I'm paying for traffic, then the minute I stop pumping that money into it, it's likely to stop. If I have readers who genuinely want to visit the site, and feel like the site offers them information or something fun that they enjoy reading, I feel like they'll keep coming back on their own. I'd always rather those kinds of visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by amelia88 View Post

That's my feelings as well. If I'm paying for traffic, then the minute I stop pumping that money into it, it's likely to stop. If I have readers who genuinely want to visit the site, and feel like the site offers them information or something fun that they enjoy reading, I feel like they'll keep coming back on their own. I'd always rather those kinds of visitors.
                      Exactly, you understand how getting in bed with paid traffic works. Once you take down that slippery road , you are definitely bound to keep up in that manner in order to keep the traffic steady and always pumping in. But once you take your foot off the gas and stop funding the traffic, it's most likely to die off in an instant.

Comment

Originally posted by Inem View Post

You have made a very valid point because I was wondering if just getting tons of traffic can give a site the needed boost to get its site out there on first page because I also see sites with little or less traffic ranking higher on Google on search engine,then one has to make an all rounder decision when it comes to creating a site and having traffic is just one of them I guess.
                        It's true what you just mentioned about how traffic works in getting one's site to rank well on Google. In as much as the traffic means good business but it's not the sole requirement to improve one's ranking. Good and high quality content matters a lot to Google when searching up the relevance of sites in ranking them. Even without high traffic, good content will make your site rank higher.

Comment

Originally posted by berry View Post
                          I will prefer free traffic because google frown against paid traffic,google feeds on organic generated traffic for one to be highly rated by google,so instead of me buying any pack which some might be mere bots i will gladly get free traffic from social medial.
                          Exactly, one thing that I have come to understand about Google is that it doesn't take its rules lightly whenever it's broken by any site owner with his or her actions in trying to make Google rank his or her site. It's better not to get in the wrong book of Google by doing something wrong, so let's stick with generating organic traffic on your own.

Comment

Exactly, one thing that I have come to understand about Google is that it doesn't take its rules lightly whenever it's broken by any site owner with his or her actions in trying to make Google rank his or her site. It's better not to get in the wrong book of Google by doing something wrong, so let's stick with generating organic traffic on your own.
                            Definitely getting organic traffic is what needs and not traffic from paid sources,getting traffic from paid sources is like getting forced traffic and nothing is freewill but forced and Google frowns at this lso.

Comment

By free traffic I think the OP is referring to organic traffic that we receive from search engines and social media. Free traffic is good. However, paid traffic can also be good. But the point is never use PTC or Traffic Exchange for traffic. If you are marketing on search engines or doing paid marketing on social media, you are paying for traffic. This traffic is also considered quality traffic.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              DMCA.com Protection Status