Discounts & Coupons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discounts & Coupons

A lot of web hosting companies now tend to utilise discounts and coupons to try and attract brand new customers to the company. Of course, these discounts are temporary so if the customer stays on with your company, you will sooner or later end up recouping any of the lost profit that the discounts took. But do you think they are effective at bringing in new customers and getting loyal customers? Or do you think it only encourages people to keep switching web hosts to keep taking advantage of discounts and various coupons?

And what would be the largest discount you would offer to a brand new customer as a web hosting company owner?

I believe that the discounts and coupons are just like appetizers for new customers to patronize the hosting company. Now, this is not the important part because getting a new is easy but keeping them is where the big task lies.

Now, it's in the interest of the hosting company that offered great discounts to ensure that their hosting services are worth sticking with because I believe that when a new user is absolutely satisfied with what he gets in terms of hosting services, he would like stay put.

Comment

I think coupons and discounts is a really effective strategy of attracting and keeping new customers. Web hosting has a lot of competition. You need to keep checking on other people's prices and adjusting your accordingly, unless you can provide a service that distinguishes you from the rest and is worth the extra money that you want your clients to pay. I guess you need to distinguish your service by providing things like excellent customer response and quick service. I still think coupons and discounts are the way to go. You can't get away from it because everyone is doing it, and people like free things. Why spend 5 dollars when you can spend 3?

Comment

Yes, they are an excelent strategy and most deffinely will bring you back results depending on how good your offer is. Since most people this days lean to save money or take more advantage of the money they currently have, provifing a way for them to do so while also helping yourself by attracting more people to your site is a great plan and has worked for many.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinsx View Post
          I believe that the discounts and coupons are just like appetizers for new customers to patronize the hosting company. Now, this is not the important part because getting a new is easy but keeping them is where the big task lies.

Now, it's in the interest of the hosting company that offered great discounts to ensure that their hosting services are worth sticking with because I believe that when a new user is absolutely satisfied with what he gets in terms of hosting services, he would like stay put.
          This sums it up. Opening discounts can be a great initial incentive to get business through the door, but you've gotta have the infrastructure and business model in place to retain them. That's what ultimately builds the business. I don't think I'd offer more than 10% off as an initial welcome though.

Comment

Originally posted by amelia88 View Post

This sums it up. Opening discounts can be a great initial incentive to get business through the door, but you've gotta have the infrastructure and business model in place to retain them. That's what ultimately builds the business. I don't think I'd offer more than 10% off as an initial welcome though.
            10% discount is the model and ideal limit most companies offer and there is absolutely nothing wrong with staying the course. It would be a very bad decision to offer a discount that would break your business instead of helping you grow it. So, 10% discount is 100 % perfect in my opinion and I wouldn't go past that offer no matter what.

Comment

That is their strategy to attract customers. Many company does it and it is very effective. Even discounts has limited offer only many people keep on patronizing this kind of marketing strategy. This is good because you can avail discounts which is not bad but we need to make sure the quality and effectiveness of the item before we purchase it.

Comment

Simple it all about people trying to take advantage of the discounts given to attract customers and sometimes it companies do it in a very wrong way.Getting in one pays almost pennies but renewing almost cost an arm.I don't think it an effective way to market a business.

Comment

Well it could be a good way to hold the interest of a certain client. It's a good reward system. It will motivate the client to get to know more on the products.But, we must understand that it's always the quality and durability is the most important point to consider.

Comment

I think giving discounts and coupons are a great technique and an effective way to attract customers. In the business world where a competition it tight, you have to think of the best way to get more customers. As a customer, I would like to take advantage of the discount or coupon that I could possibly get and I think others have the same mindset as mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinsx View Post

Without a doubt it is an effective marketing strategy. When you offer someone something for free for them to test it out for themselves it makes them have trust in the product and they have the option of opting out when it turns out to be unpleasant. A lot of technology companies do this by offering an One month trial period.

Comment

Businesses will always use this marketing strategy to lure people at first and trust humans to fall for it.I think the main focus is getting more people into the business and then showcasing their topnotch services to keep them but most times it doesn't work especially when renewing a plan becomes very expensive,they move on.

Comment

If you have given discounts to your business customers, they will definitely be interested in purchasing more and more products and services from your company.

​​​​​​This is actually why most businesses gives out discounts and coupons from time to time.

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          DMCA.com Protection Status