Why are there price disparity for domains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are there price disparity for domains

Why are domain extensions having different prices and at the same time some are priced higher,one can register a domain at dot com cheaper but wanting to change for example to dot oi the price goes up.Why the disparity.Are there advantages of using a specific extension in terms drawing traffics etc

You purchase domain names at a domain name retailer. These retailers are called registrars. The registrars reserve domain names through wholesalers called registries. The prices of domain are determined by negotiations between these two, and since there arr no limitations for the prices, they can change a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Isozceles View Post
      You purchase domain names at a domain name retailer. These retailers are called registrars. The registrars reserve domain names through wholesalers called registries. The prices of domain are determined by negotiations between these two, and since there arr no limitations for the prices, they can change a lot.
      So this is to say that the prices are determined by the sellers and has nothing to do with superiority of the domain extension because I see that dot com seem to be more popular and more accepted by users and it more costly than the dot net domain

Comment

Originally posted by berry View Post

So this is to say that the prices are determined by the sellers and has nothing to do with superiority of the domain extension because I see that dot com seem to be more popular and more accepted by users and it more costly than the dot net domain
        Well I might think the rule of demand and supply may play a major role whereby the extension name which is most used and popular are sold higher because of high demands.Though at times I wonder the disparity too

Comment

Working...
        X
        DMCA.com Protection Status