No announcement yet.

Is it possible to track a stolen phone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to track a stolen phone?

I believe that the world of technology is evolving on each passing and this means that there are things that we can do on series of occasions. I have been thinking on how it is possible for people to recover stolen phones or at least track the location. Do you have any idea about how it is done?

To locate a lost Android telephone it generally still needs a working web association with the end goal to transmit its area, whatever your circumstance may be, we'll cover here the most widely recognized alternatives and in addition more out of the crate ways to deal with cover likewise edge cases...

My life is my message

Comment

I have seen the evening news last month where a woman was using her phone while walking in the street when a motorcycle passed by with the rider grabbing her phone. That incident was captured by the outdoor CCTV. When the woman reported to the cops, the phone was traced because it has a GSP that was running. Wherever the thief went he was traced specifically by the cops that led to his arrest. That is clear that we can trace the phone when it gets lost.

Comment

Definitely, technology has so evolved now that there are things that were impossible before but done now at a tip of the finger. There are phones trackers now that a location of a phone can easily be traced. Devices or gadgets now are so sophisticated built and there can function in many ways to do whatever we really need.

Comment

I believe that stolen phones can now be tracked. There is a phone tracker that is embedded in the phone. By the use of a GPS, I believe that lost phone can be retrieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrywrites View Post
            I believe that the world of technology is evolving on each passing and this means that there are things that we can do on series of occasions. I have been thinking on how it is possible for people to recover stolen phones or at least track the location. Do you have any idea about how it is done?
            With the advanced technology that we have today, I believe that it is now possible to track stolen phones. I have seen a video in YouTube about this and it was successful.

Comment

Call your phone. If you’ve lost a traditional (non-smart) phone that does not have internet connectivity, you won’t be able to track the phone online and will have to use other methods. Begin by calling the phone. If you’re lucky, the person who stole your phone may answer. Alternately, if your phone has simply been misplaced (e.g. on a taxi seat or a subway car), someone may answer who can meet you at a location to exchange the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by faithchristy29 View Post
                I believe that stolen phones can now be tracked. There is a phone tracker that is embedded in the phone. By the use of a GPS, I believe that lost phone can be retrieved.
                Having your phone stolen is a frustrating and difficult experience. Whether you’re at home or traveling abroad somewhere, it’s important that you try as soon as possible to recover the stolen phone. Current cell phones and smartphones can be recovered through the use of a tracking app, or by a pre-installed tracking program. These apps and programs have varying levels of practicality, and some require your phone to be on and connected to the internet. You can also find a missing phone manually, by calling or texting the number and retracing your steps.

Comment

If you call your phone and someone answers, say “Hello, this is [your name], and you’re holding my cell phone. The phone is important to me and I need to get it back; is there a location where we could meet and exchange the phone?”

Comment

Text the phone. Even if no one answered when you called your phone, it’s still worth texting it. The thief may eventually change their mind, and decide to return the phone to you, its owner. Send a brief text that provides your contact information and asks for the phone to be returned. If you think it would help, you could also promise a reward to the individual if they return your phone

Comment

Take safety measures if you meet to exchange the phone. If someone—whether or not it’s the thief who initially took your phone—agrees to meet with you to give your phone back to you, take safety precautions. Arrange to meet with the individual in a public place—such as a city square or transit station—during daylight hours. If possible, don’t go alone; bring a friend with you for the sake of companionship and safety. Ask your friend to bring their phone, so that they can call the police if anything illicit happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      DMCA.com Protection Status