How does phishing works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does phishing works

Have you ever tried to phish someone? How does it works? I really want to learn phishing, but one thing holds me from doing it. I was pretty scared wondering if its even legal, is it or not? Is it bad or good and worth to try?

Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details by disguising as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. With this definition, I would say that it is not good to try this activity. I worked in a BPO company before and we had customers who tried to do this just to get some sensitive information about our customers.

Comment

Why will you want to start phishing because I know it not a good thing to engage in and I really doubt it even legal.A fraudulent deed can't be a good thing to do and phishing is a fraudulent thing to do.Obtaining sensitive information from people in a dubious or fradulent way is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by superlicca View Post
        Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details by disguising as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. With this definition, I would say that it is not good to try this activity. I worked in a BPO company before and we had customers who tried to do this just to get some sensitive information about our customers.
        Well stated, it never a good thing to do.why try to get sensitive information from people what's the need for them if not to scam or use it for dubious things.I don't open such mails because I know already it will be scammy.

Comment

Phishing is the method of getting vital information of the user particularly the username and the password. There are so many ways to do that. One is by sending a user an email that says something about his bank account that needed to be verified otherwise it will be suspended. When you click on the button to verify, you will be asked of your vital information and that's it. I had received such an email earlier this year. It's quite funny because the bank that was stated was the bank where I am employed with. Obviously in my eyes it was fake at the outset.

Comment

Working...
          X
          DMCA.com Protection Status