New or refurbished computer which do you prefer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New or refurbished computer which do you prefer

Which of these two would you want to buy,some people believe that the old computers have durable components that the new generation might not have and as such they prefer the old ones than the newly produced.Which would you prefer?

In my opinion, buying a new computer is one thing that I am already looking forward to since the one that I am using at the moment is not one that I can comfortably use for long without having one issue or the other. I think there are other benefits with getting new computer such as the operating system which is always the latest.

Comment

It's an obvious answer. Most, if not all, people would prefer to buy a new computer. There's just so much to gain with the new systems. The updates and upgraded hardware along with software are enough to convince anyone to buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrywrites View Post
        In my opinion, buying a new computer is one thing that I am already looking forward to since the one that I am using at the moment is not one that I can comfortably use for long without having one issue or the other. I think there are other benefits with getting new computer such as the operating system which is always the latest.
        It's true. Technology thrives in making newer and better versions of itself. They can't really stay with what's been made. They're made to innovate and grow beyond what was created in the past. It's a sad but necessary reality for all tech.

Comment

I'd always prefer new, since with a refurbished model I guess I'd always worry about what happened to it beforehand that caused it to need refurbishment!

I guess if it had a good warranty though, and was significantly cheaper cost-wise, then I'd consider a refurbished model.

Comment

I prefer buying a new computer. Sometimes, playing video games with low class or old PC is a disadvantage. Sometimes, you could not meet their requirements. So better buy a new and updated PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve5 View Post

It's true. Technology thrives in making newer and better versions of itself. They can't really stay with what's been made. They're made to innovate and grow beyond what was created in the past. It's a sad but necessary reality for all tech.
              That is the reason I always go for new gadgets as we can get to see that technology is always trying to bring better things to us. I have always use this means to ensure that I get new laptops since it is the only way that I am going to enjoy the better benefits that comes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bienn05 View Post
                I prefer buying a new computer. Sometimes, playing video games with low class or old PC is a disadvantage. Sometimes, you could not meet their requirements. So better buy a new and updated PC.
                This is another reason I don't joke with getting the newer versions of the laptops. Since I am an addicted gamer, this is the only way that I am going to ensure that everything works fine for me at the end of the day and not going about missing out on playing some games since I lack the powers to go ahead with them.

Comment

Well durability is out of the question if your buying old components. Second is compatibility, most second hand hardware can cause problem even its perfectly working specially when you are integrating it with new hardware. Some hardware functions are fixed with the version that they have, the problem is when you use second hand hardware with non upgradable versions and integrate it with a new sub component with a higher version. One example is RAM to motherboard and Processor to MotherBoard.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrywrites View Post
                    Well i will have to agree with you to an extent but we sometimes need to consider the fact the newer versions sometimes don't give us the durability of a device like we really like.I'm writing from experience though,there are gadgets thats i have already that the quality can't be compared to the new version of that same gadget.

Comment

I will always go for a new computer though I will agree with you on quality of new computers some are mere Chinese made that are not long lasting but it still good to get a new computer to be sure everything is newly fixed in the system though.

Comment

I think durability is not applicable in terms of computer or technology. You have to update the files and upgrade the software in technology, specially the computer. Old computer is worthless right now. It's really hard to update it and become useful today, much better to display it and don't use it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve5 View Post
                          It's an obvious answer. Most, if not all, people would prefer to buy a new computer. There's just so much to gain with the new systems. The updates and upgraded hardware along with software are enough to convince anyone to buy them.
                          I agree 100% that new is indeed better. But sometimes, the new apps are not much needed by some pc users. An ordinary blogger for example have no use for enhanced graphics or other apps not directly related to writing. Perhaps, it depends on the job you have like if you're an architect, these added apps for designing will really be a most welcome thing; but for an ordinary blogger like me, these enhanced graphics for drawing aren't really needed because I'm not an architect, in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by acebest001 View Post

I agree 100% that new is indeed better. But sometimes, the new apps are not much needed by some pc users. An ordinary blogger for example have no use for enhanced graphics or other apps not directly related to writing. Perhaps, it depends on the job you have like if you're an architect, these added apps for designing will really be a most welcome thing; but for an ordinary blogger like me, these enhanced graphics for drawing aren't really needed because I'm not an architect, in the first place.
                            I know what you mean. I just find it easier to buy new computers than using old hardware. Well, I do think they have use despite their older systems. But few people would want to go through all the trouble of making it work. Unless it's already refurbished, I won't consider buying outdated PC's.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            DMCA.com Protection Status