The computer will be the minority in the near future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The computer will be the minority in the near future

Just 2 years ago the mobile surfing was beginning to flex its muscles and now the mobile browser has dominated the internet with about 60% leaving the desktop and laptop browsers at 40% or even less. My take on that statistics is the convenience of using the mobile phone or tablet for internet browsing aside from the pseudo security. I say pseudo because there is a false sense of security when I am using my phone for the internet that the threat of virus is not as fatal as when I am using the computer. Am I right on this assumption or is the threat of virus in the mobile just the same as when I am using the laptop?

Well, I would say that the threat of a virus infecting your computer is almost the same as the mobile. However, if you are using a low-cost Mobile then the loss can be significantly less as compared to a Laptop or a desktop which requires a higher investment. Indeed, more and more people are preferring to use their Mobile devices to access the internet these days due to the convenience of using Mobile s on the go. However, the use of laptops and Desktops will continue for official work.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
      Just 2 years ago the mobile surfing was beginning to flex its muscles and now the mobile browser has dominated the internet with about 60% leaving the desktop and laptop browsers at 40% or even less. My take on that statistics is the convenience of using the mobile phone or tablet for internet browsing aside from the pseudo security. I say pseudo because there is a false sense of security when I am using my phone for the internet that the threat of virus is not as fatal as when I am using the computer. Am I right on this assumption or is the threat of virus in the mobile just the same as when I am using the laptop?
      I agree with you. The First that was destroyed by the virus was our desktop. Today our laptop has virus also yet it was still working but there are times that it hangs. I think mobile use will grow more and more.

Comment

Working...
      X
      DMCA.com Protection Status