Proper care to prolong the life of the computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper care to prolong the life of the computer

The computer is expensive and it is only right to take good care of it. Some of our house rules for the home computer are:
    1. Eating and drinking are not allowed when using the computer
    2. Place the cover after use
    3. Be choosy with the sites that you go
    4. Be choosy with the programs that you install
    5. Always check the validity of the anti-virus list
    What can you add to my list?

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
    The computer is expensive and it is only right to take good care of it. Some of our house rules for the home computer are:
    Thanks for these tips. Our computer has cover too. Always see to it that the computer is properly shut down.

Comment

Aside from the things that you mentioned which are great, one thing that we should avoid to do is overusing our device. We also need to keep our computer cool. Too much exposure to heat, whether it's from being left in a hot car or in direct sunlight could easily lead to a shorter life of your device.

Comment

Originally posted by superlicca View Post
        Aside from the things that you mentioned which are great, one thing that we should avoid to do is overusing our device. We also need to keep our computer cool. Too much exposure to heat, whether it's from being left in a hot car or in direct sunlight could easily lead to a shorter life of your device.
        Yes, I agree with you that over using the device is not a good habit. It can easily damage. Like humans, it also needs time to relax and recover the energy. By doing these, it will save money. We must take care of our device like we take care of ourselves.

Comment

I want to add to remove the plug from the socket if the device is not in use for no reason whatsoever, it's just good practice. Also, make sure to be in a properly ventilated room to keep the device away from overheating issues, it might help alleviate some of it.

Comment

I'd add using a UPS to the list. It prevents your computer from shutting down from a blackout. Believe it or not, computers can short circuit if there is a sudden black out or power surge. High end motherboards are resistant to this but the cheaper consumer grade ones are not safe from this.

Plus you can use it as a power bank in case of emergencies. I've used it as a last resort during typhoon season.

Comment

Originally posted by rlpzbeermoney View Post
              I'd add using a UPS to the list. It prevents your computer from shutting down from a blackout. Believe it or not, computers can short circuit if there is a sudden black out or power surge. High end motherboards are resistant to this but the cheaper consumer grade ones are not safe from this.

Plus you can use it as a power bank in case of emergencies. I've used it as a last resort during typhoon season.
              I agree that the computer can have a problem when it is connected to a socket directly and even if if the computer is not running. There was a news report many years ago that lightning can ruin the appliance that is connected to a power socket. With the AVR (automatic voltage regulator) that also serves as a circuit breaker that disconnects the appliance from the power supply is a good protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
                Ensure the room you use for the computer is dust free. Clean it always with appropriate material. Do not leave it on when not in use. Put off the computer on the mains electricity when not in use.

Comment

Working...
                X
                DMCA.com Protection Status