PC or Laptop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC or Laptop?

When I ask these in meetings with my friends, they always give me diverse answers, where they show very good advantages in PCs and other very good advantages in the Laptop. Personally I prefer the Laptop, due to its versatility and mobility among other possible benefits, its disadvantage in most cases I find it in its power and storage capacity. What do you think? at the time of acquiring one, for which type of computer would you lean more?

I was reared on a desktop, so to speak, because laptop was very expensive in the early years of the small computers that is the reason why we say PC as a synonym for computer because the laptop was not really an established computer yet. But now with the prevailing atmosphere in the digital world that there is wifi in almost everywhere you go then the scene had changed. The laptop is getting more popular now because of its portability that is very convenient for the people on the go. In fact, I was issued a laptop by our office as my official computer when I was assigned to 2 offices some 3 years ago. Now that laptop is still my official computer.

Comment

Of course I choose laptop over PC, laptop is a hand carry, you can carry and have it wherever you go. While PC is you need to carry it one by one, the CPU, Keyboard,Monitor and you need to set up first before it can turn on, while laptop you can switch it in instant.

Comment

I always choose desktop for the sole reason that I can never go back to the slow performance of laptops. Desktops are just more powerful and in my use case, much more needed than portability. Laptops, even the high-end ones, don't really offer close to their desktop counterparts, even if you compare models with the same price as desktops.

Comment

For me, I will choose PC. Because it's fixed and you don't need to worry about charging it every time it's on low battery. And also it is a lot faster than a laptop.

Comment

Laptops are made to be portable...desktops are not. Theres no better way to answer this question. Do u want to utilize it at home? Or at a coffee shop while sipping on your mocha? Vague questions get vague answers.lol desktops are clearly more powerful and upgradeable.

Comment

I learnt using a desktop but my first computer was a laptop and I don't think i would ever own a desktop. The laptop, to me, is best because it is portable. The laptop is also best for people in my country because of the power situation here. Electricity here is erratic and using a desktop requires that it be connected to a power source while using it and it could go off at any time (if you don't have a UPS). With a laptop, you could track the power usage and it doesn't just go off on you when you're in the middle of your UNSAVED work

Comment

Other than portability, the only advantage I can think of for a laptop has is they'd typically have a smaller footprint in case you're short on desk space or something. Other than that, a desktop is better in every way. You get more performance per dollar, more absolute performance potential, more flexibility, and more upgradeability.

Comment

I prefer laptop. It is because it is portable. I can bring my laptop inside a restaurant and use it. It is very convenient for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Corzhens View Post
                    I was reared on a desktop, so to speak, because laptop was very expensive in the early years of the small computers that is the reason why we say PC as a synonym for computer because the laptop was not really an established computer yet. But now with the prevailing atmosphere in the digital world that there is wifi in almost everywhere you go then the scene had changed. The laptop is getting more popular now because of its portability that is very convenient for the people on the go. In fact, I was issued a laptop by our office as my official computer when I was assigned to 2 offices some 3 years ago. Now that laptop is still my official computer.
                    I agree with. I was also reared on using a desktop. But today I am using a laptop.

Comment

Laptops are a lot more flexible, and vital for the modern workplace. You can bring it to almost any venue, and that does wonders for personal productivity. I find that it's best for professional purposes, though you'll need a back up for your data just in case.

For personal use and gaming, though? I don't think there's anything that can beat a well constructed rig.

Comment

Desktop if you are into home based jobs. Nowadays, home based jobs are in demand. Most of them will require high specs of computer. Its easy to upgrade desktop specs compare to laptops, but if you are a type of person who likes to bring your job anywhere you go, a laptop would be the best option.

Comment

Personally, I believe desktops make more sense than a laptop for a lot of people. Usually, those people value performance over portability, or they’d rather not pay for a laptop’s comparatively high price tag. Sure, powerful laptops out there offer the best of both worlds for those who need power and portability. But the thing is, though, powerful laptops don’t really offer the best of both worlds. They’re often relatively heavy and bulky, and while they may be powerful, they’re not always as powerful as a desktop with the “same” specs.

Comment

I prefer laptops more. Laptops are a must these days, it can make our lives easy plus you can carry them everywhere and you'll need them especially when you're in a meeting, work, school and etc. While PC is great too, very powerful specs but you can just use it in your house. I just use PC when I'm playing high end games that my laptop can handle.

Comment

Laptop! Aside from the fact that this is what I'm using right now, it's very portable and you can bring it with you anywhere you go. You can bring it at the mall, a coffee shop, a beach while on a vacation and others. Also, I think there's not much of a difference between what you can do on a laptop and a PC so I'm choosing the one that's more convenient for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              DMCA.com Protection Status