Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the first thing you do when you open your computer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the first thing you do when you open your computer?

I usually open Facebook to check for any news, posts or updates from my friends. I open it everyday to check the latest trends or if there are new invites or messages. I then open Youtube to watch movies or listen to music then open Steam and play Dota 2.

The first thing i do, is to listen to online news. To get more updates on what's happening in the world. Afterwards, I play music while surfing the net. I also love to watch cooking shows. I spend a little time on the computer lately because of work. I need to pay attention to my work.

Comment

I usually check my emails first to get that anxiety out of the way. I like to see my inbox clean or at least in an organized fashion. So I read any mails that came in over night, answer what needs to be answered, delete what needs to be deleted, and store what needs to be stored in a folder. This way I can focus on doing other things with a clear head.

Comment

Checking for email updates is the first thing that I try to do each time that I open my laptop as this is something that has to do with the type of work that I am doing. It is never easy for me to leave that and start looking at other things instead .

Comment

The first thing that I do when I turn on my computer is to check my emails, after that I open my social media account to communicate with my friends and to see news.

Comment

The first thing is to check my email. This has been a routine for me. I check all mail, important mail & spam. Then I respond promptly to my email accordingly. Next is to check my Facebook just to see who's celebrating their birthdays so that I can quickly wish them a happy birthday and catch up with some news. After all that I start the business of the day.

Comment

When once I open my PC is to check for new mails on my mailboxes be it Yahoo or gmail. I want to be sure I'm not missing any information or update from any site or individual. I try to get all my notifications too.

Comment

for me,i often to open my facebook acount to connect with friends and see the post of them especially to my relatives. I used also to read some news in the Youtube or watching movie sometimes.

Comment

Usually I turn on social media (especially Twitter) and check my e-mail. It's similar to decades ago when my family would check the mailbox and read the newspaper in the morning, just in a digital form. Sometimes I go on YouTube for some background music while I read the news. Often times I shoot a "good morning" message to my online friends before they wake up

Comment

Originally posted by RoseKaizer View Post
                    The first thing that I do when I turn on my computer is to check my emails, after that I open my social media account to communicate with my friends and to see news.
                    I don't joke with mails. I always try to check the latest news on my email and the mails sent to me from my clients. One thing is that most of the clients don't like to be delayed and the thing is we need to do something that will benefit us by working pretty fine with them.

Comment

I'm just dealing with this issue in my life at the moment. I work from home and I have to be very disciplined in order to get any work done. I 'm trying to come up with some kind of routine. Before when I opened my laptop I would go straight to mt email, then go to twitter, then go to Youtube and watch local and International news. Before I know half the day has passed and I have done no work.This messes up my day and I have to work late into the night which means that the next day I wake up late and the circle continues. Now I'm trying to come up with a routine where the first thing I do when I open my computer is listen to a motivational video on Youtube and then start my work immediately. Fingers crossed that this will work and get me more productive. Working from home can be a bit tricky, but I will get there eventually.

Comment

My PC is my bread and butter. First thing I do is log-in to Skype to check if I have unread messages from my colleagues. Check my email, also to see if I have received any essential emails for the day. Then proceed with my day to day tasks at work.

Comment

Whenever I open my laptop the very first thing I do is to check all my mail accounts. I have started using my smartphone for most of my daily tasks on the internet right from ordering food to booking tickets. Therefore when I open my computer the first thing I do is open my mail and also answer the few important ones.

Comment

First thing I'm doing once I open my computer is to open a browser which is Google Chrome and then type in Facebook.com and surf there.

Comment

• mark8625
                              mark8625 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That is most of the people do I guess. They will check their social media account like Facebook and see what is going on in their news feeds. I do that also but I check my email first before social media account.

I rely on my computer for the communications in my job so it is imperative for me to check my emails once in a while. Now that the phone can access the internet, it is a big convenience for me because I can check my email with the mobile browser and there's no need to open my computer. The next thing I do on my computer after checking the mails is to check on the sites that I go to in my freelancing work. It is important that I could see what's happening in those sites.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            DMCA.com Protection Status